Tuesday, January 31, 2012

#MCMXCIV: People tell me I'm a quiet person.

Up until recently, I was convinced that not many people were interested in my opinions. I had grown accustomed to the monosyllabic responses I would receive from everyone. I was under the pretext that nobody ever listened to anything I said and thus became the "I have to tell you something, but you probably think it's silly so I don't want to impose my thoughts on you" kind of person. It felt like people were doing me a favor by listening to me.


Hence the quietness.


Depressing, non?

I couldn't be further from the truth.

It turns out I do have a bunch of people who care about me enough to listen to everything (well, almost everything) I have to say, however absurd it might be. And the fact that I do hesitate to tell them just anything might be rubbing them the wrong way. They of all people deserve to know what I think.

I figured this out just now. :facepalm:


Henceforth, when I feel like I need to say something, I'll say it.
Or I'll try, at least.
Ok.


Maiti out!

No comments: