Saturday, June 25, 2011

Of Sentimental Disney Movies and Death and Stuff.

Call me emotionally unstable, but i tear up every time an animal dies in a movie i'm watching.

My mum tells me i cried every time i watched Lion King. Starting from back when i was the age of three. But that was because i couldn't climb inside the tv and sing "Hakuna Matata" with Timon, Pumba and Simba. Or so i'm told.

Human deaths in movies don't interest me much. But when Mufasa, or Bambi's mother die, the
waterworks just start flowing.

  •  Lion King: "Oh gawd why can't i get inside the tv?!" *cries*
  •  Lion King (Again): "Noo! MUFASA!" *cries*
  •  Bambi: "I hate man!" *cries*
  •  Marley & Me: *cries*
  •  Deathly Hallows: "Dobby! D:" *cries*
  •  The Princess And The Frog: "No tiny firefly you can't DIE!" *cries*


I was reading a comic strip earlier today. Not the usual "Funny-ha ha" comic. This was one of those which fill your heart with sadness and make you all teary-eyed.
It's about this guy whose pet dog passed away, and how he realizes how one doesn't appreciate something until it's gone for good.
(The said comic: http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1527673/Baww+comic )

That, and the gloomy weather and endless rain got me thinking about death, and stuff.

Hence the gloomy blog post.

2 comments:

Walten Tiern said...

wow... i mean... that comic! who would ever have thought that a comic could be so... i mean.... you know what i mean...

Snickerdoodle said...

Sentimental? Sad? Tear-jerking?
I think i know what you mean. :[