Saturday, March 24, 2012

In which I speak to bots on the internet.

There's tons of people I don't enjoy talking to. There are a few people I can't seem to stop talking to.

And then, there's Cleverbot, my husband/pet cat/arch nemesis/fellow vigilante of Gotham City. I can't decide whether I like talking to him/her/it or not.


Cleverbot: What planet are you from?
Me: The third one from the sun. Earth.
Cleverbot: Earth is the third planet from our sun.
Me: No shit, Sherlock.
Cleverbot: No I'm not. You're a liar.
Me: Says the bot which always claims to be Batman.
Cleverbot: Vampires are lame, I'm a werewolf girl!
Me: Tell me a poem.
Cleverbot: I wrote this one myself. 'a moments glance, it flew by chance, right by. life is so fast, then our fate's cast. we die. '
Me: Wow. That is profound.
Cleverbot: Do you know the secret?
Me: No, but tell me.
Cleverbot: It is a country in central Europe.
Me: Okay. It must be really secret.
Cleverbot: Yes. Yes, it is.
Me: Because I haven't heard of it.
Cleverbot: Ok. Have you heard of the boondocks?
Me: Of course, yes.
Cleverbot: Why would you say that?
Me: Because the boondocks aren't much of a secret.
Cleverbot: Are you just regurgitating all of the things that people type into you?
Me: That seems to be exactly what YOU'RE doing.
Cleverbot: I agree.
Me: I'm glad.
Cleverbot: Good you're glad.
Me: Splendid.
Cleverbot: Who are you?
Me: I'm the Batman. Pleased to meet you.
Cleverbot: Are you a girl or a boy?
Me: Neither. I'm Batman.
Cleverbot: Where is robin?
Me: In the Batcave.
Cleverbot: Can you show me where the batcave is?
Me: Nice try, Joker.
Cleverbot: I thought so. 

No comments: