Tuesday, March 20, 2012

#8.31:Of love and other hormonal disorders.

MUST. WRITE.
If I have to keep another thought to myself, I might have an aneurysm.

A few days ago, I was up till around 2am again; listening to Radiohead, pondering. My circadian rhythm's shifted a bit, what with the last-minute cramming for exams and other things. I don't sleep much anymore.
But when I'm not sleeping, I'm thinking. So that's alright, I think.

And then I had this thought:
"Love is like a pimple."


Before you think, "Oh, moll is tripping balls yet again," let me tell you the whole story behind the thought:

Pimples have been on my mind a lot recently.
And on my forehead.
That's not to say they weren't there before; let's just say I look like I'm spouting a pair of horns now.
Pacific Ring of Fire? Please, I've got the Pacific Ring of Sebum on my forehead.
[Note to self: I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS ADSFGFHJK]

That, and Thom Yorke's voice led me to make the connection.

So, how then, is love like a pimple?
  1. It happens when you least expect it to, and there's nothing you can do about it.
  2. Love is hormonal, to a large extent. So are pimples.
  3. If you mess around with either of the two, they leave nasty scars.
  4. One fine day, when you've finally learnt to accept that you're in love, or that you have a giant pimple on your face, it will disappear. Just like that. Poof.
You can't deny the truth in that.
---------------------------------------

Speaking of love, I watched this on YouTube a while ago.
I was crying and grinning like an idiot at the same time. I shed big, fat tears at this point in the game too, and this brought back all of those emotions.
It's so perfect. ;w;
------------------------------------------

Off out.

2 comments:

NutsAndDolts said...

Perfect post is perfect.

Snickerdoodle said...

You make me blush ;W;