Saturday, November 26, 2011

Obligatory Journal Post #3.14: In which nothing happens.

< Rant >

So I met my friend's mother on the bus the other day.

We got talking. She asked about my family, my dog, studies et al. Eventually the question of 'What I want to become when I grow up' turned up.
"To be honest Auntie, I haven't really decided yet." I replied.
To which she (not surprisingly) said, "Haww!? But Mollika, you should have decided by now no!?"

Well, here's the thing, Auntie:
No. I haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up yet. And I'm in no hurry. There's a world of endless possibilities out there, so what's the rush?
Over the years, I've changed my mind a few dozen times, with regard to the profession I'd like to pick. So it would be archaeologist one day, chef the next, and then croupier, marine biologist, veterinary surgeon over the next few days.
So yeah, one could say I've given the subject a lot of thought.

Here's what I've come up with, so far:
We have just one life to live. Then why spend it doing something we hate? And even if we do come back, there's a high possibility that we might be reincarnated as cockroaches. And cockroaches can't be blackjack dealers now, can they? Didn't think so.
So what, then? Doctor? Pilot? Landscape architect?
Screw all that.
You know what I want to be :when: I grow up?
I want to be happy. Whatever I end up doing, I want to be happy.


< /Rant >

No comments: