Saturday, March 23, 2013

People find solace in the oddest of things.

So there's this goat.



It's a large, white goat with big, droopy ears and eyes that can stare into your soul. The kind of goat I assume other goats would deem :normal:. It remains tied to a "No Free Left Turn" signpost, a few paces from my usual bus stop.

But it's not just some old goat. Not to me it isn't.
It's an all-powerful, all-knowing, bearded Gandalf-esque wizard goat.

I saw this very goat for the first time ever, on my way home from my first day of 11th standard, a fresh chapter in the book of Life and all that poppycock.
I happened to peek out from my auto just as we flitted by it and caught a glimpse of His Capriciousness Mr. Goat-Sama. It was just there, minding its own business, chewing grass. There was nothing particularly striking about it. Goat-Sama was extraordinarily ordinary.
I saw it again the next day. And again the day after that, and again much later. Every time I passed by the signpost, Goat-Sama was there.

This continued for quite a while. I often found myself praying that Goat-Sama's life be spared a while longer. See, there's this butcher shop right across the road from Goat-Sama's usual spot.
Not that he cared. To him it was all about the grass.
Eventually I forgot about Goat-Sama.


So yesterday, when I was returning home from my unofficial last day of 12th standard, having written my last board exam and all, I just happened to peek out of my auto as it passed by the signpost.
Goat-Sama was there.
Goat-Sama had always been there.

I don't know what I'm more happy about. The fact that my exams are all over, or that my prayers actually worked.
In any case, Goat-Sama is aliiiiive.
I feel like I've made a new friend. Goat-Sama is the Djali to my Esmeralda.
I'm not going anywhere near him though. He looks like the kind of goat that might bite your arm off if you were stupid enough to go pat him.

-------------------------------------

Edit: I found this oddly hilarious. I DONT EVEN KNOW WAT:




















Then again, it's 2am in the morning and I have been deprived of precious sleep for the whole of this month. I don't even know what I'm saying or writing anymore hGGFVBhfzHKjkbgl

No comments: